Tuesday, 30 June 2015

JUNE FAVOURITES


Hello friends! It's nearly July, still no sign of any heatwave in Cumbria, but I've had other things on my mind this month...

I moved out of uni for the summer a few weeks ago, and let me tell you something - I'm missing my little flat family! Although it's great to spend some time with my actual family. I also went to Carlisle Gay Pride with my friend Ciara which was fun. It was cool to see that support for the gay community echoes all around the country, even in little old Cumbria! I've also loved the Glastonbury coverage this weekend (so upset I wasnt there *cries*) Florence was absolutely amazing! Anyway, here are some things I've been loving this month...

Music is a huge part of my life, but moving back home has had me reunited with my guitar, and it feels great to be playing and writing again. There's nothing like playing guitar until your fingers hurt, it empties your mind for a while. Also, can I just say how patient I've been for this Led Zeppelin top from Topshop? I've picked it up every time I went into the shop, and my lovely Mam got me it (probably to shut me up about it to be honest!). A huge shout out goes to H&M this month (and every month) for their jeans, they're just amazing. Although I'm a fan of Topshop Joni jeans, these high waisted jeans from H&M fit me so much better, and tuck me in at all the right places.

As far as skincare goes, I've been loving Lush's Tea Tree Toner Water. It's very refreshing and removes excess oils from your skin which cause blackheads, I have oily skin at times so this is a life saver, I just spray it onto a cotton pad and wipe my face after cleansing. It's also good for removing makeup you might have missed. I can't recommend coconut oil enough, this stuff was about £2 for a tub and it's lasted me for ages! It's solid in the tub but if you rub a piece in your hands it melts to an oil which I put on the ends of my hair and all over my body to moisturise. Makeup-wise I've heard so much about Benefit's Roller Lash from YouTube and Bloggers that I just had to get it, and it didn't disappoint, it's the best mascara I've ever had! It just lifts your lashes up and makes your eyes look more open, fabulous. These Ecotools Makeup Brushes come in a cute little bag, they're so soft, and cruelty free, what's not to love?

Lastly, I have Ciara to thank for this one, this Calm book is lovely. I've never been one for self-help books (I find them patronising) but this one is really laid back and just gives you suggestions on how to lead a calmer lifestyle which, in turn, can help your wellbeing and overall happiness which is great! The suggestions include Yoga, meditation, origami and being in nature, which are all really enjoyable things to do and have been keeping me busy recently.

I hope you've had a lovely month, and that this heatwave hits us soon so we can all enjoy being outside! What are you recommending this month?

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment