Thursday, 16 October 2014

VISUAL DIARY | MY WEEK IN DRAWINGS

As part of my Illustration course my Drawing Skills teacher, Tom (who is fucking mental - in a good way) got us all to keep a memory diary where we have to draw something every single day. He told us to just draw things that interested us, so something that I enjoyed or something that caught my eye that day. I'm going to share my memory diary with you guys because I think it's a nice way of showing what I've been up to during the week.

DAY 1 (9th October)
I think the reason for this one being so psychedelic is because we were practicing drawing surrealistic pieces in our drawing skills class that day. Kinda looks like I was on drugs, I definitely wasn't.

DAY 2 (10th October)
This was last Friday when I went to the train station to pick up Adam who was coming to visit last weekend. I had such a nice few days with him, I can't tell you how happy I was to see him.

DAY 3 (11th October)
This is our kitchen in the flat, we had a party on Saturday and lets just say I drew this before it kicked off. The reason I've written 'dance floor' on the floor is because people were literally twerking in our kitchen, it was interesting.

DAY 4 (12th October)
I've always had a thing about dream catchers, they're all over my room. I don't know what it is about them but to see them hanging there just makes me feel safe.

DAY 5 (13th October)
All I'm going to say about this one is that again, I'm definitely not on drugs.

DAY 6 (14th October)
This drawing was done in my lecture on Tuesday. Basically our lecturer for our design theory module is an incredibly clever man, but he's boring as fuck.

DAY 7 (15th October)
This is yesterday's drawing, it's actually a building in Northampton and I thought it was really pretty so I took the time to draw it, which is basically what I did all day today, I enjoy location drawing, but I'll show you more of my location drawing in another post.

So there you have it, my week in drawings! I can't wait to do today's, and I'll keep doing them all week so that next week hopefully I'll have another seven drawings to show you, hopefully this will be a weekly post. Thanks for reading.

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment