Thursday, 2 October 2014

DRAWING SKILLS

Today we had our first drawing skills class which was rather exciting. It was also a but nerve racking though, I think everyone was a little nervous to draw in front of the group, but I loved having the opportunity to draw all day! 

The guy who took the class was Tom, he was brilliant; his way of explaining things was really good, this might have been something to do with his overuse of the word 'fuck', or the fact that he himself was amazing at drawing.

We spent the day drawing each other, eventually getting to draw everyone in the class. Funnily enough staring intently at someone's face for ten minutes is a good way to get to know someone, and it was quite funny if you caught someone staring at you. 

All the drawing took me out of my comfort zone, which was both really fun and really difficult at the same time, Tom kept telling us to 'let go' but I found this really hard! I enjoyed all of the exercises though.

Next week we're doing still life so I'm looking forward to that. If you guys ever get the opportunity to do life drawing you should definitely give it a go, it's so good for improving perceptions and improving your drawing skills. I'll leave you with a few of my drawings from today, thanks for reading.
Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment