Wednesday, 13 August 2014

THOUGHTS OF HOME

Today the weather was lovely so we went for a little walk around where I live. I began to appreciate how beautiful it was and how much I'll miss these views when I go away. All these photographs were taken on my phone because I stupidly forgot my camera so I'm sorry about that! 




In case you haven't heard (I'm being sarcastic here) it's A Level results day tomorrow and it's kind of a big deal really, what happens tomorrow will determine not only the next three years for me, but also probably my career and even the rest of my life. I know this probably sounds a little melodramatic to you, but whether I get into uni will be determined tomorrow, and if I don't get in I really don't have another plan. I just don't really want to think about not getting in. 

Art is something I've always done and always enjoyed, so a career in it just seems like the natural thing to do for me really. Although at one point I was considering a more academic path, it's definitely not for me, and neither is office work. Visual arts and illustration is how I communicate, I find it even easier than writing (which evidently I'm not great at!). 

What I'm trying to say is that tomorrow is a big turning point in my life and understandably I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, so the walk around my home town really helped me clear my head and helped me feel a little calmer about the situation. 

If you're getting your results tomorrow I really wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out for you. Tonight I'm going to enjoy a chilled night in and I'll hopefully get some sleep! Keep calm and hope for the best, and I hope tomorrow goes smoothly.

Emily x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think my phone is as bad as I thought haha :) x

      Delete