Monday, 25 August 2014

HERE GOES

One thing I don't really seem to have talked about much on my blog is my own work, which I think is odd because art and being creative is very important to me and a huge part of my life (so it should be, I'm studying it!). So I don't really know why I haven't shown you my work before, I suppose I've been a bit nervous because art is how I express myself and my drawings are very personal so I suppose I wasn't ready to show them to you, until now. The drawings I'm going to show you in this post are just random snippets out of my sketchbook which I take everywhere with me, I plan to show you some of my actual projects and series sometime in the future though. Although these sketches aren't particularly brilliant they all mean something to me and remind me of a place or a person or a memory, so I hope you enjoy them.
 






The first and second drawings I made when I went on a little break to Hebdon Bridge in Yorkshire with my boyfriend and my closest friends. It was so beautiful there, the valley was so picturesque with the steep hills and lovely old buildings, especially the old mill buildings with huge chimneys, it was really inspiring. The next sketch is actually one I made at work. I work in a little Chinese takeaway place near my house an that's my view of the kitchen. Also, that is an actual order receipt that I stuck in there! The flowers are from Adam's garden which is lovely, and were drawn using my Derwent Inktense pencils which I love. The last is my observations of Adam while he was reading next to me, I just really wanted to capture how absorbed he was while reading and his hands holding onto the book so delicately.

So there you go, a little snippet of my sketchbook! I hope you enjoyed it, comment if you love to sketch too, I'd love to have a look at your drawings, I love looking at other peoples' drawing styles it's really interesting and inspiring to me. Anyway, thanks for reading and hopefully I'll include more of my art in the future.

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment